Are You Vitamin C Deficient? Here Are Some Warning Signs
- You always feel tired and like you have no energy. Even your bone strength is affected, making you feel weak.
- You start to feel depressed and listless all the time. You don’t have the enthusiasm you once did.
- You experience gingivitis, loose teeth, bleeding gums or other such issues. Vitamin C is vital for collagen production in the body, which is needed to build and maintain tissue.
- You start to experience rapid mood changes, a short temper and an irritable mood.
- You bruise easily and the bruises last for a very long time. This can be an early indication of vitamin C deficiency.
- Your hair feels dry and brittle and easily breaks.
- You have been experiencing chronic joint or limb pain. If your vitamin C deficiency is getting quite severe, you can get to a point where bleeding will occur within your joints, which causes serious pain.
- If you find yourself being knocked ill by every flu or cold that comes your way, you might be experiencing a vitamin C deficiency. A lack of vitamin C can affect your immune system.
- By Jackie Newson
- BSc (Hons) in Nutritional Therapy
Jackie has been writing for a range of health publications since graduating as a nutritional therapist from Westminster University in 2008. In addition to producing health and nutrition workshops, Jackie is also an experienced assessor and enjoys the opportunity to help other students of nutrition to achieve their goals. In her role as an experienced nutritional therapist, Jackie offers individualised advice on a variety of health conditions. She believes wholeheartedly in the power of healthy nutritious food, supported with high quality supplementation to achieve optimal health. Jackie is a great believer in the power of positive thinking and attributes much of her enthusiasm and sense of well-being to the wonderful people in her life, a healthy diet and yoga which she practices regularly.